Now the ES2007S module has already ended, I have learned a lot through this experience.
At first I thought this was going to be an easy module as there was no exam, no textbook, no lectures notes and no mid-term tests. Furthermore, the first few lectures that I had gone through was quite easy.
However, the modules seemed to be a little more complicated when I was about to do the peer-teaching. In the past I had done countless similar presentation to my fellows during secondary school, JC and university year 1. However, most of them was done by myself alone. For the ones that were done with other people, we simply split our tasks and compile only on the last day. This peer teaching for this module is different. We are going to teach other people how to do resume which is something completely new even to myself. Moreover, we had no idea how to do this. We needed to engage the audience as well. I spent two days during the e-learning week to prepare for the peer teaching.
The project was also something herculean. Before this modules, I was told by some of my friends that this module was going to be easy. However, I realised that I actually put in more time and efforts in this module than that put in for any other modules. Because the projects needed a lot of discussion, and there were always differences in opinions for discussion. It turned out to be quite a success, and a relief that I have completed this module.
In conclusion, a module without a final test can be just as tough as a module require one, and sometimes even tougher. It has been an enjoyable experience and I hope my future project can be as smooth as ES2007s
No comments:
Post a Comment